Liebster Blogging Award #2
Hello from Vermont! I’m currently enjoying some time out of the city in the foothills of the Green Mountains. Stay tuned for a Vermont travel post soon. If you are following me on Instagram, you have seen a sneak-peak of some of the photos for that upcoming post.
Today, I’m so excited to announce that I was just nominated for a second Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is a peer nominated award to showcase bloggers whom other bloggers feel are worthy of recognition. It also allows readers to get to know the person behind the blog a little better by requiring each blogger who is nominated to answer a list of questions.
Every time the Liebster gets passed around the rules vary slightly. It’s a little bit like the game of telephone, but in a good way! All the variations on a theme keep it fresh and interesting. Those of you who read my first Liebster award post may remember that one of the rules was that I nominate blogs for the award who had fewer than 200 followers. This time when the award came to me it didn’t have any follower limits, so I’m just going to nominate some of my favorite blogs with under 1000 followers! And as I also said last time, I am going to do a separate post to introduce you to my favorite more established blogs with a larger number of followers in the near future.
A huge thank you to Emma from Teaspoon of Nose who nominated me. Emma writes a beautiful blog and runs an Etsy shop where she sells handmade personalized foil stationery. Check out her beautiful designs at Teaspoon of Nose Etsy shop. I always really enjoy reading her varied and interesting content. Teaspoon of Nose Etsy Shop was recently featured on Confidently Elegant when Emma and I partnered to do an interview and giveaway. You can read the interview here. Also, note that the 10% off discount code – confidentlyelegant - is still valid, so if you missed the giveaway post you can still get some beautiful handmade stationery, wall art, etc; at the special discounted rate.
The complete list of the Liebster Award rules are:
- On your blog, thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Link back to the blogger that awarded you.
- Upload the award to your blog. This can be done by writing a post about the award, and uploading the award image.
- Answer the questions you have been asked by your nominator in a blog post so your readers can get to know you better.
- Nominate 5 blogs that you believe deserve to receive this award.
- Notify the owners of those 5 blogs that you’ve nominated them so they can accept their award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
To answer the questions Emma asked of her nominees:
- Where are you from? What about you shows where you’re from? I’m originally from New Jersey. I think people from New Jersey are an interesting blend of city and country. I’m not a native New Yorker because I’m too polite, but I also have the grit to push my way through a crowd and take the last place on the subway train.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I love living in Manhattan. It was always my dream. I could see myself being very happy in an older city with beautiful architecture too like London or Paris. I would definitely enjoy a less rushed existence to savor life more but I also enjoy the energy and working with people who are at the top of their professional game.
- What’s your favorite meal?
I love good food so this is a really hard question for me! Growing up I would always ask for fettucini alfredo for my birthday meal, so I have a soft spot for that dish. I really like lamb with endives sautéed in butter now that I’m older. Any kind of dessert made with high quality ingredients is a win with me!
- Coffee or tea? What’s your favorite version (latte, flat white, jasmine tea, etc)?
I really like both coffee and tea. I think I slightly prefer coffee because of its rich taste. I like to make lattes at home for an afternoon pick me up with warm frothed milk.
- What’s your dream job? Are you doing something right now that could get you there?
My dream job is to be CEO of whatever I’m doing. I have a lot of interests – as a performer playing classical music professionally, or as a blogger writing about all sorts of things that interest me. I have a natural inclination to work hard to rise to the top of whatever I’m doing and to be the best I can be. It’s really frustrating to have to work under a boss that is less of a perfectionist, so I always want to be in the boss role.
- Ocean or mountains?
This is also a hard choice! I think I would choose ocean because I love the waves and the salty sea air. I also love the peace of the mountains though.
- What’s the best book you’ve read in the past month?
The past month has actually been very busy. Crazy for summer, right?! I’m currently still reading the book I started in the past month – Eat, Pray, Love - One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert. I really enjoyed the movie, Eat, Pray, Love with Julia Roberts and so I decided to add the book to my summer reading list. I’m still on the Italy section, but I’ve been really enjoying reading about her journey so far.
- What’s your favorite season? Why?
My favorite season is Autumn. The cooler temperatures are a relief after the summer heat. I love watching the leaves change and finally getting to add cute sweaters and jackets to my outfits. An added bonus is that my birthday falls in October. Each year I hope that the fall leaves will be at their peak for the day.
- Would you rather own a home in your favorite place in the world or be able to travel nonstop? Tell us about what that would look like?
I love traveling, but I love having a place to go back to more. I think I’d love to own a townhouse on a quiet street in Manhattan with a little garden and a terrace at every window. The real estate prices are quite steep though, so that is going to take some hard work to afford! I think I’d be happy with it in another city too, as long as it has the terraces!
- If you could get a degree (or go back and get a different one), what would it be? Why?
I’m really happy with my music degree, so I don’t think I’d want to go back for anything else.
My nominees are:
Denthusiast – A Dental Student Lifestyle Blog
This blog is written by Navi, who is studying to become a dentist. It’s a lifestyle blog with posts on dentistry, food, travel, wellness, and photo galleries. I really enjoy that Navi has included all the things that she is passionate about – including dentistry – in her blog!
Leading Lady is the confessional diary of Jessamyn, a professional singer in her 20s who is figuring out life. It’s really inspiring to hear how she deals with life’s ups and downs and how her strong faith keeps her centered. I love how she is comfortable being herself and just sharing her life as it is.
Diary of an Expat
This blog is written by Veronica (Kika) Lavil, a Spanish-American student at the Sorbonne in Paris. She writes about her studies in Paris, travels around Europe, and about current issues. I love her intellectual and level-headed approach to life, politics, and the world around us.
Pretty Simple Ideas is a lifestyle blog written by Sarah Althouse. Sarah writes about DIY, natural skin care, home and garden, and inspiration and faith. I really enjoy her interesting posts and learn a lot of from reading them.
I’m not generally an avid reader of mommy blogs. (No offense to mommy centric blogs – they just aren’t particularly pertinent to my current status in life!) However, this blog isn’t only about mommy blog things so I enjoy reading it and find it relevant to my life. Jenn writes about her interests in e-commerce (Poshmark), traveling, books and health and wellness, and parenting.
My questions for my nominees are:
- Where are you from originally and where do you live now?
- How did you decide to start blogging?
- How did you choose what you were going to write about?
- What is a cause that you are passionate about?
- Cats or dogs and why?
- What is one of your happiest memories?
- If you could travel to anywhere you wanted right now what would it be?
- What is one thing you wish your readers knew about blogging that you didn’t know before you started?
- Do you hope your life will be different in five years and if so how?
- One extra fun fact about yourself
Thanks again to Emma of Teaspoon of Nose for nominating me for this award! Please take the time to check out the blogs of my nominees. I spent a lot of time choosing the best, so I guarantee you will enjoy your visits!
Do you have a favorite blog that you enjoy reading that you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments! Do you write a blog? Let us know what it is about!
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. If you click on one of the links, I may make a very small commission that will help cover the costs of running this blog.